BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS, PAINTING
The academic programme consists of four years with one-year common foundation course on the basics of art, the remaining six semesters are devoted to professional training. The programme concentrates on the development of basic skills in drawing, colour design, and adequate knowledge of the history of arts and aesthetics.
The Course is designed to prepare students through intense theoretical input and practical training to develop intuitive abilities. The students acquire the understanding of creative use of drawing, oil color, watercolor, tempera and other media of painting. They learn the elements of figurative and non-figurative composition. They develop competence in landscape painting, life study, portraiture and mural design in traditional and non-traditional media.
After completing the study of BFA, based on the merit in art work, the Lalit Kala Akademi, Ministry of Culture, Government of India is providing scholarships to pursue Master of Fine Arts, Research, Junior fellowships, Senior Fellowships and foreign visits.
There are wide range of opportunities from International funding to pursue Higher Education in Fine Arts from Jindal Foundation, In lkahs Foundation, Common Wealth Foundation, Charles Wallace Foundation, Japan Foundation, Kransner and Pollack Foundation, Elizabeth Green Shield Foundations, Royal Art Akademi, etc.
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Sculpture
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Painting
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Printmaking
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Art History
- Ph.D at Reputed Institutions
- M.Des at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- M.Des at United World Institute of Design (UID) at Gujarat and Abroad
- M.Des at Industrial Design Center (IDC), IIT Mumbai
- M.Des at National Institute of Design (NID)
- M.Des at IISC, Banglore